Upon completion of the program, the Elementary Education majors should be equipped to do the following:
- Cultivate a personal philosophy of education that integrates biblically- based truth in elementary curriculum and instruction;
- Recall the basic elements of legal and legislative issues in regards to teaching, learning, and supervision of students in a school environment;
- Recognize student diversity and assimilate methods of differentiation that makes learning a successful event;
- Select and implement classroom management strategies that produce a stable atmosphere of learning;
- Employ instructional methods, concepts, technologies, and strategies that contribute to an effective learning environment for all disciplines of study;
- Formulate authentic assessments that reflect results that are valid and reliable;
- Evaluate the appropriateness of curriculum choices based on current pedagogical theories and student needs.