Financial Aid Information
Piedmont International University is committed to make a quality education affordable and financial options accessible to qualified students. Each year the university contributes approximately 1 million dollars in tuition grants and scholarships to its student body and over 90% of our students receive some form of financial aid or assistance.
Important notice for returning students: Spring 2016 Financial Aid Questions should be directed to our Financial Aid Department at email@example.com or by calling 1.800.937.5097. You will NO LONGER utilize the VFAO. If you need to submit documents, please fax them to 336.714.7820 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to Financial Aid and Scholarship Awards:
STEP 1: Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov with your FSA ID username (for help on creating this ID please see video tutorial) and password and with Piedmont’s school code. You must complete FAFSA to be considered for financial aid at Piedmont. The FAFSA will determine your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid. All US citizens and eligible non-citizens are required to complete the FAFSA each school year. If you do not plan to apply for federal student aid in the 2016-2017 academic year, please email the financial aid office so we may address this requirement.
- You will need the previous year's tax returns and your driver's license number.
- Please be sure to include our school code 002956.
- Allow approximately 30 minutes to complete the FAFSA. If you have to step away during the application, your information will be saved for 30 days.
- The FAFSA must be completed annually.
- Verification: If you are informed you are selected for verification (indicated by an asterisk next to your EFC on the Student Aid Report (SAR) that FAFSA returns to you) you will be contacted by the PIU Financial Aid Office regarding any additional paperwork that is required to process your federal aid.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if available to save time with submitting information.
STEP 2: Once the University receives confirmation your F.A.F.S.A. is completed you will be notified from the Financial Aid Office and you will be given access to the “Financial Aid Student Terminal” (F.A.S.T.) to apply for Financial Aid. It is important that you do not try to enter the F.A.S.T. application prior to the FAFSA.
STEP 3: The Financial Aid Office will send you a link to begin your F.A.S.T. registration.
Note: Financial aid files are packaged after a financial aid officer reviews all the information for accuracy and completion. If your FAFSA is selected for further verification, all additional paperwork must be submitted before any aid will be finalized. Changes to enrollment status may affect the type and amount of aid you receive.
See our Payment Options page to learn about how to pay for your remaining estimated balance due (as indicated on your award notice) after Financial Aid.