Registering Vehicles and Parking
Parking at Piedmont is a priviledge not a right even though here is ample parking for all students. Cars must be registered, display the proper decal and students must obey all guidlines. Parking is $25 per year per vehicle.
CAMPUS VEHICLE GUIDELINES
- Having a vehicle on campus is a privilege, not a right. Students who are not willing to follow the policies regarding the use of their vehicle on campus may lose this privilege.
- Because the PIU campus is interlaced with city streets, all local parking and driving laws must be observed in addition to PIU guidelines.
- Traffic signs and signals, as well as directions from Security officers, must be obeyed.
- All persons operating a motorized vehicle on any portion of the PIU campus must be a properly licensed operator covered by adequate insurance, as specified by state law, with an up-to-date registration(tag) on the vehicle.
- Operating a motorized vehicle in any area other than a street intended for motor vehicle is prohibited. Students must not park in aisles, across entrances, or on sidewalks.
- Vehicles should be parked in areas that are designated for parking.
- Conditions created by special occasions (athletic events, concerts, graduations, or homecoming) may require the Security Department to impose parking and traffic limitations.
- From 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, resident students are requested to use their respective parking lots rather than parking on the street.
- During regular business hours, the front row of Deeds Hall parking is reserved for Faculty and Staff.
- The eight spaces in front of the security building are designated for cars only.
- Mechanical or repair work on automobiles is not allowed in PIU parking lots unless approved by the Director of Student Services.
- Any vehicle that is on campus without a license plate may be towed off campus at the owner’s expense.
- All accidents should be immediately reported to Security.
- PIU Parking Permit is required for each student’s vehicle.
- Vehicles can easily be registered online using the links below
- To insure adequate parking facilities, each student may have only one automobile and one motorcycle on campus at a time.
Registering your vehicle(s) to receive a parking permit is $25 per year per vehicle for up to 3 active vehicles. Permits will be active until July 31, 2017. Any student that plans on parking on the main campus will need to register their vehicle. Regestering a vehicle requires a credit card. Please use the schools address and the registration sticker will be mailed to you.
420 S. Broad Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
To register a vehicle use the appropriate link that applies to you
Dorm Students Code - PIUD2016
Commuter Students - PIUC2016
Steven Hall Apartments – PIUS2016