The two main purposes of this program are to present a biblical philosophy of missions and to prepare students for missionary service. Each student is given guided, practical experience in ministry on an actual mission field. Students who have as their ministry goal church planting should take the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies.
- Explain the purpose of missions from the Bible and demonstrate an understanding of the history of modern missions
- Identify elements of the support structure for missions, including the roles of churches, mission boards, Bible schools, and individuals
- Evaluate and create various types of written and oral communication for both intercultural and cross-cultural settings
- Explain the basic beliefs of world religions and cults; defend personal beliefs by participation in a mock doctrinal examination
- Successfully participate in a short-term, cross-cultural ministry internship program
Trends and Problems in Missions
Cross Cultural Communication
Philosophy of Church Planting
Total Hours (18 hours)
See What Others Are Saying
"Piedmont is distinguished among the schools of my 'conhecimento' as the most evangelistic minded. Their passion for reaching the lost of this world for Jesus Christ begins with their President, Dr. Petitt, as a natural outflowing of being a former missionary. It carries on through the entire staff, and is contagiously evident amongst their student body."
-Dan Anderson, Executive Director of Brazil Gospel Fellowship Mission