Piedmont Delivers Online Options
Anytime! Anywhere! At a lower cost!
Piedmont's innovative, award winning, online program is ranked #1 for Christian Schools.
- #1 in NC for online programs at a Bible College
- #2 in NC for online programs including all schools (second to NC State)
- #4 in the nation for Bible Colleges
- #10 for most affordable in the nation.
Online courses are offered in seven-week sessions with a total of six predetermined enrollment dates throughout the academic year. Through Blackboard technology, the university offers several unique methods of online learning instead of just the traditional video lecture and discussions.
- The integrated class enables an online student to actually join in with and participate with classroom lectures while being taught on the campus.
- The flipped class method allows a student to do a traditional approach to learning but actually join with the professor to do homework and receive help if needed.
- The traditional approach is where you watch video lectures on course material and participate with discussion boards with other students. This is the only approach most schools offer.
- Gameafication is a new approach that makes learning fun and increases retention. While not for everyone this is gaining in popularity especially for younger students.
Online courses are typically comprised of 15 students or less.
PIEDMONT offers a wide variety of online programs
- Dual enrollment for high school juniors and seniors
- One year certificate
- Associates degree
- Undergraduate degrees
- Graduate degrees up to the Ph.D.
All Graduate work is offered totally online except for the Ph.D. in Biblical Studies which is offered in modules on campus and the Ph.D. in Leadership which requires a one week residency the first time it is offered after acceptance.
Our online classes are
- Blackboard technology
Many are paying too much for their online degree and you owe it to yourself to take a serious look at the Piedmont offerings. Piedmont has purposely committed to quality and affordable programs allowing you to get the degree you desire while you work and stay at home. Don't let distance or finances hold you back from the degree you desire. At Piedmont you train for ministry and prepare for life!
Online Demo Course
We have used Blackboard Technology since the inception of Spurgeon School of Online Education in the spring of 2005. There are several reasons that we use an established professional provider of internet based education software like Blackboard. It offers professors several different pedagogical methods to teach our student body including PowerPoint, audio, audio w/PowerPoint, video, chat rooms, and discussion forums. These tools allow professors and students to interact with each other around relevant course content. Professors also use Blackboard to manage assignments, quizzes, and exams that are provided for students. Blackboard has proven to be a powerful tool for students and professors to converse around their given course subject, whether it be Systematic Theology, Pentateuch, World History, English, Psychology, or Counseling.
Our demo courses include a general education course - English Composition I, a Biblical Studies course - Biblical Interpretation I, two graduate-level courses - Research Writing and Theology I, and a tutorial - Blackboard 9.1 Student Orientation. You may visit our demo courses here (username and password is demo - all lowercase).