M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
Objectives: Upon completion of the requirements, the graduate will be able to
- Communicate a personal philosophy of education that integrates biblically-based truth in curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of strategies, issues, and trends associated with elementary and/or secondary curriculum and instruction.
- Evaluate curricula for their worldview, biblical integration, and developmental appropriateness.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and assessment of effective learning environments for a diverse student population.
- Integrate technologies appropriate for personal productivity, instructional enhancement, and student development.
- Critically evaluate and present educational topics to colleagues that reflect current research and contemporary trends.
- A bachelor’s degree in education or other accepted field with a minimum GPA of 2.50
- Ability to demonstrate success in the field of education for at least 3 years or equivalent
- Competence to do practical and academic research to enhance their understanding of multiple educational processes
- Satisfactory GRE score
Core Courses (12 hours)
EDU501 - Philosophy of Christian Education
EDU504 - Applied Educational Psychology
EDU507 - Foundations of Curriculum and Instruction
EDU512 - Academic Measurements and Assessments
Professional Courses (18 hours)
EDU511 - Curriculum Design
EDU521 - Instructional Practices for the Elem. Classroom OR Secondary Classroom
EDU681 - Thesis or Professional Portfolio
RES511 - Research: Writing and Communication
Select two of the following professional courses:
- EDU531 - Education for At-Risk Students
- EDU532 - Education for the Gifted and Talented
- EDU541 - Research & Writing in the Content Area
- EDU551 - Technology that Enhances Education
Electives (6 hours)
Select two of the following electives:
- EDU612 - Contemporary Literacy Strategies
- EDU621 - Special Topics in Education
- EDU635 - Trends and Issues in Education
- Other Approved Graduate Course
Total Hours = 36 hours