Military Aid

We accept military assistance by way of GI Bill (VA), Military Tuition Assistance (TA), and Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab). To ensure that you receive full benefits promptly, please review the following information:

Military Appreciation Scholarship

Piedmont International University is grateful to all the men and women who serve in our Armed Forces. With profound appreciation, we offer a scholarship to those who wish to further their education through the military’s Tuition Assistance program.

This scholarship covers the complete cost of online tuition beyond the $250 per credit hour paid by the military (TA). The students pay no tuition and those who qualify for both Tuition Assistance and the G.I. Bill may receive additional benefits. All other standard fees apply. This award is not stackable with any other institutional aid. There is no award deadline.

Our Spurgeon School of Online Education delivers accredited, interactive, quality education to students anywhere in the world where the internet is available. Our built-in flexibility and seven-week sessions make it convenient for anyone to study the Bible and train for the ministry. Several undergraduate programs and one master’s degree are available online in their entirety. Please encourage service members to take advantage of this opportunity.  More military benefits are described here.

For more information, e-mail or call 1-800-937-5097.

Tuition Assistance (TA)
TA recipients should submit TA course approval to the Financial Aid Office at  Only TA recipients are eligible for the Military Appreciation Scholarship.

Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab)
Please submit your enrollment verification worksheet to the Financial Aid Office at Voc Rehab is invoiced once the recipient’s enrollment is confirmed.

GI Bill (VA)
VA recipients should check out their branch’s requirements and complete the necessary forms.  Submit forms for certification to the Financial Aid Office (SCO) at or by fax to 336.725.5522.  For additional references, see the GI Bill website. VA forms can also be obtained here.

Steps to Applying for VA Benefits

  • Inform the school's certifying official (SCO) of the following: 
    • The type of benefit(s) you plan to use
    • Your current service status
    • Submit copies of all applicable documentation to the SCO. Such documentation may include but is not limited to the following: DD214; Certificate of Eligibility; VA Application for Enrollment (Form 22-1990 or 22-5490). 
    • If you are transferring from another institution in which you have previously used your benefits, please submit a Change in Place of Training form (22-1995) to the VA. Be sure that the SCO receives a copy of this form as well.






Our passion is to graduate men and women who are thoroughly equipped to be successful leaders who obey the Great Commandment, fulfill the Great Commission, and live abundant lives for the glory of God.